Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Best places to get Breakfast

I am a breakfast guy, I am ready for some eggs and bacon anytime of the day. Most days I wake up craving biscuits and gravy or some thick french toast, with no desire to make it myself. The kids, Alyssa and I all went from place to place to find the best breakfast around Putnam County.

The Truck Stop

I really never knew what to call this giant white and blue building on the hill in Cloverdale as you exit Interstate 70, so I only know what everyone calls it and that is simply the truck stop. It sits on the hill with "Restaurant" written across it so it will be hard to miss. Along with a full lunch and diner menu the truck stop serves breakfast all day. They have a breakfast buffet with 2 kids of eggs, 2 kinds of sausage, pancakes, a waffle bar, has browns, bacon , sausage, and that was just my first plate. The food is good, the staff is friendly, and the coffee stays full. 



Jacksons

Like the truck stop this place has a very large lunch and diner menu, but the breakfast is my favorite part. It is a family owned restaurant that has been around for ever and continues to serve some good ole country cooking. 

3G Bowling

I know breakfast in the bowling alley? Every Saturday you will find one of the best breakfast in town at 3g Bowling in Greencastle from 9:30 to 1 pm. This family owned and operated bowling alley puts out a delicious breakfast menu and if you thought eggs and bacon where great wait till you pair it with bowling!

C Bar C Kitchen

Look I know I work here, I know the point of this blog is to highlight all the amazing things Putnam and surrounding has to offer but if I am being 100% honest and non-biased, C bar C has perhaps the best biscuits and gravy in the county. Erin and Brandy are in the C bar C kitchen every weekend cooking up eggs, bacon, biscuits, and coffee. If it is a busy show get to the kitchen early the biscuits and gravy goes quick no matter how much we make. If you are showing at the barn you can stay in your pjs and wonder on over. If you live locally most of our shows are free to watch and nothing pairs with b's and g's like barrel racing!

2 West Bistro 

2 West Bistro has a very unique menu for the Putnam County area. It is a scale above everything else you will find in the area. The Breakfast buffet is no different you will enjoy every mouth watering bite and with so many options you might as well plan a few hours to eat and a few hours to nap after

No comments:

Post a Comment