Monday, July 10, 2017

Local "Harvest::From the area

Grin & Barrett 

A Blog By Joshua Barrett - Brought to you by C Bar C Expo Center 





I am always on the hunt for fresh produce grown locally, being in the farm belt it is pretty easy to find a farmers market or a place that sells mostly local goods.

  While driving home from Greencastle I noticed a yellow door ad it grabbed my attention all I could see was the bright yellow and the sign that said “HARVEST”. It was enough to peak my interest so I turned around and went to check this little shop out. Harvest is a little shop filled with local produce from flowers to Brussels sprouts if it was harvested this week in Putnam County you will find it for sale at Harvest.

  I knew I was in a good place when I was offered a free coffee sample right when I opened the door. They sell several flavors of Jameson coffee, a local roaster, While I was there someone was in the back baking fresh cookies and pastries, I had the Chocolate chip Cookies that were still warm at melted in my mouth. The coffee and baked goods room opens up into a large collection of everything Indiana. I found some homemade peanut butters, honeycombs from right here in Putnam county, and 100’s of local produced snacks, lotions, and soaps.

  My favorite part was little room in the back filled with fruits and vegetables just harvested. I picked up some green beans, red potatoes.
Alyssa who is the true farm to table foodie of the family found Brussels sprouts and bacon from a local pig farmer, she added an onion and made a tray of Brussels sprouts with every ingredient being from Putnam county. As you are leaving they have an ever changing selection of hanging flower baskets to choose from.

   You never know what you will find as the selection changes based on what is available in the area. Only 10 minute drive from C bar C would be ideal place to grab some local grub and cook it back at camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment