Monday, July 10, 2017

Worth it for the ranch alone

Grin & Barrett 

A Blog By Joshua Barrett - Brought to you by C Bar C Expo Center


While sitting at a little dive bar a sweet old lady told me I needed to head down 231 to Millgrove diner. I only knew this place as a gas station, so I was surprised to hear her talk about the quality of food.

      Alyssa and I finally made it out this week and were blown away by how good and clean this little diner is. It is unique, in the front is a full gas station and convenience store, at the back is a little diner. They have gas, warm carry out beer and wine, a large amount of camping supplies and everything you may need to enjoy a country drive.


 The first thing you notice is how clean everything is, the walls and floors look to be scrubbed daily. As you open the door the smell of baked goods and fried chicken smacks your senses. It is a quaint little place that reminds me of being at my Grandma’s, with the smell of fresh food and the warm country feel it is easy to relax and just sip some coffee. The food is amazing and you will be surprised at the food quality. Everything that can be made from scratch is, Including the salad dressings. The homemade ranch and homemade honey mustard is so amazing I wanted to take a bottle of it home. Unfortunately, they do not sell it to take home yet. Since I couldn’t drink the sauces I ordered some French fries to dip in the ranch and honey mustard, the fries are hand cut daily and you can tell in the flavor. I also tried the hamburger, onion rings, and the bacon cheese fries. Everything was delicious.

   Don’t be afraid to get crazy with the ranch and honey mustard, for my saucy wife it was a dream come true.

  The service was great, she was very friendly and my coffee never got close to empty. We got a moment to sit and talk with the owners, a father and daughter duo who are the sweetest people we have met of late.

  We were to full to try the homemade baked goods, and soft serve ice cream, but at least we have an excuse to go back. Only a few minutes from C Bar C, and worth the drive. You can find it on 231 south at 300 Hardware Rd Quincy, In 47456. If you have a free few minutes take a drive to historic Quincy, if not it’s ok I will be writing about Quincy soon.

You can check out MIllgrove Diner on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/ MillgrovecountrymarkLLC/

No comments:

Post a Comment